Candace is the latest four-star character in Genshin Impact that has been introduced to the 3.1 Update. She is a polearm hydro unit whose kit mostly revolves around providing Normal Attack Elemental buffs and Hydro infusion to other characters, while also dealing personal damage with her Elemental Skill. It has been a while since Genshin Impact introduced a four-star hydro playable character as we only had Barbara and Xingqiu, who were added since the launch. This guide will discuss all the information about Candace in Genshin Impact along with the best artifacts, best weapons, and talent materials.
Genshin Impact has slowly been increasing the pool of Hydro units in the game and for good reasons as Dendro has been added into the game along with great elemental reactions involving Hydro (such as Bloom reactions).
Candace: Playstyle and skillset of the character
Just like Dori, Candace is another playable four-star character that has a somewhat underwhelming and odd kit. As a damage dealer, Candace is not viable to play in the most optimal teams. From a support standpoint, the buffs she provides are not worthwhile since there are other alternative four stars who provide better support capabilities than Candace.
|Name / Description||Type|
|Gleaming Spear: Guardian Stance||Normal Attack|
|Performs up to four consecutive spear strikes.|
|Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to enemies along the way.|
|Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.|
|Sacred Rite: Heron’s Sanctum||Elemental Skill|
|Tap Rushes forward with her shield, dealing Hydro DMG to opponents in front of her. Hold Raises her shield to block incoming attacks from nearby opponents, forming a barrier that absorbs DMG based on her Max HP and absorbs Hydro DMG 250% more effectively. This barrier lasts until the Elemental Skill is unleashed. After holding for a certain period of time, Candace will finish charging, and when the skill button is released, the skill duration expires, or when the barrier is broken, she will perform a leaping strike that deals Hydro DMG to opponents in front of her.|
|Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide||Elemental Burst|
|Raising her weapon high, Candace calls upon a divine blessing that deals AoE Hydro DMG based on her Max HP and continuously confers the Prayer of the Crimson Crown on your active character. Prayer of the Crimson Crown This effect has the following properties: Characters deal increased Elemental DMG with their Normal Attacks. Whenever a character takes the field, they will unleash a rippling wave of water that deals with Hydro DMG to nearby opponents. There is a limited number of waves that can be triggered in the duration of this skill. Sword, Claymore, and Polearm-wielding characters under this effect will obtain a Hydro Infusion.|
Talents Leveling Priority
- Support Build: Elemental Burst > Elemental Skill = Normal Attacks
- DPS Build: Normal Attacks > Elemental Skill > Elemental Burst
Candace’s Passive Talents
- Aegis of Crossed Arrows: If Candace is hit by an attack in the Hold duration of Sacred Rite: Heron’s Sanctum that skill will finish charging instantly.
- Celestial Dome of Sand: Characters affected by the Prayer of the Crimson Crown caused by Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide will deal 0.5% increased DMG to opponents for every 1,000 points of Candace’s Max HP when they deal Elemental DMG with their Normal Attacks.
- To Dawn’s First Light: Decreases climbing Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
|C1||Returning Heiress of the Scarlet Sands||The duration of the Prayer of the Crimson Crown effect triggered by Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide is increased by 3s.|
|C2||Moon-Piercing Brilliance||When Sacred Rite: Heron’s Sanctum hits opponents, Candace’s Max HP will be increased by 20% for 15s.|
|C3||Hunter’s Supplication||Increases the Level of Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|C4||Sentinel Oath||Shortens the Hold CD of Sacred Rite: Heron’s Sanctum to be the same as that of the Tapping CD.|
|C5||Heterochromatic Gaze||Increases the Level of Sacred Rite: Heron’s Sanctum by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|C6||The Overflow||When characters (excluding Candace herself) affected by the Prayer of the Crimson Crown caused by Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide deal Elemental DMG to opponents using Normal Attacks, an attack wave will be unleashed that deals AoE Hydro DMG equal to 15% of Candace’s Max HP. This effect can trigger once every 2.3s and is considered Elemental Burst DMG.|
Which Constellations one should aim for
C1 (higher Burst uptime) > C2 (provides more HP%) > C6 (Hydro damage)
Best Artifacts Build for Candace in Genshin Impact
As a Support, Candace’s main goal is to provide Normal Attack Elemental Buff to other parties so stacking HP is required. By itself, having a two-piece Tenacity of the Millelith would help her increase HP combined with a two-piece Emblem of Severed Fate to increase her Energy Recharge and have more Burst uptime. As a support, she can fully utilize the four-piece Noblesse Oblige to provide an attack buff to her team. In this guide, we will discuss the artifacts used for the build of Candace in Genshin Impact.
For a DPS, even though Candace’s Elemental Skill and Burst scale from HP, the scaling is not as prominent of a damage boost to stack off of HP just like Yelan. Hence, it is not a big requirement to stack HP on her. Four-piece Heart of Depth can be used for a DPS Candace. Two-piece combinations are also viable such as a two-piece Heart of Depth with a two-piece Gladiator’s Finale or Shimenawa’s Reminiscence. Candace can also utilize the four-piece Gladiator’s Finale set if you want to build a purely Physical damage DPS.
- 2-Piece: Elemental Burst DMG +20%
- 4-Piece: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
The tenacity of the Millelith
- 2-Piece: HP increased by 20%.
- 4-Piece: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
Emblem of Severed Fate
- 2-Piece: Energy Recharge +20%
- 4-Piece: Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
Heart of Depth
- 2-Piece: Hydro DMG Bonus +15%
- 4-Piece: After using Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 30% for 15s.
- 2-Piece: ATK +18%.
- 4-Piece: If the wielder of this artifact set uses a Sword, Claymore or Polearm, increases their Normal Attack DMG by 35%.
- 2-Piece: ATK +18%.
- 4-Piece: When casting an Elemental Skill, if the character has 15 or more Energy, they lose 15 Energy and Normal/Charged/Plunging Attack DMG is increased by 50% for 10s. This effect will not trigger again during that duration.
|Artifact Type||Main Stat||Sub Stat Priority|
|Artifact Set||Main Stat||Sub Stat Priority|
|Goblet||Hydro DMG Bonus %||Crit=ATK= EM=ER/HP%|
Best Weapons for Candace in Genshin Impact
Candace has many F2P options as a support and is a very low investment character to build, the main focus would be to stack as much HP on Candace as possible, while also providing enough Energy Recharge to have higher Burst uptime. Fortunately, Candace’s ER requirements is not too tasking as the Energy Cost of ‘Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide’ is at 60. In this guide, we will discuss the best weapons for Candace in Genshin Impact.
- Base Attack: 38 (354)
- Substat: HP 10.2% (46.9%)
- Passive: (Bane of the Soft) Increases DMG against slimes by 40~80%.
- Base Attack: 48 (674)
- Substat: ER 8% (36.8%)
- Passive: (Black Wing) Increases CRIT Rate by 8~16% and increases Normal ATK SPD by 12%. Additionally, Normal and Charged Attacks hits on opponents have a 50% chance to trigger a vacuum blade that deals 40~100% of ATK as DMG in a small AoE. This effect can occur no more than once every 2s.
- Base Attack: 42 (510)
- Substat: ER 10.0% (45.9%)
- Passive: (Shanty) Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 16~32% and Elemental Burst CRIT Rate by 6~12%.
- Base Attack: 44 (565)
- Substat: ER 6.7% (30.6%)
- Passive: (Windfall) CRIT Hits have a 60~100% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12~6s.
DPS Candace build would want the standard requirements of wanting Crit Rate/Crit Damage and Attack. Elemental Mastery weapons can be suited for a DPS Candace that uses a reverse Vape team.
Staff of Homa
- Base Attack: 46 (608)
- Substat: CRIT DMG 14.4% (66.2%)
- Passive: (Reckless Cinnabar) HP increased by 20~40%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 0.8~1.6% of the wielder’s Max HP. When the wielder’s HP is less than 50%, this ATK bonus is increased by an additional 1~1.8% of Max HP.
The staff of the Scarlet Sands
- Base Attack: 44 (542)
- Substat: CRIT Rate 9.6% (44.1%)
- Passive: (Heat Haze at Horizon’s End) The equipping character gains 52~104% of their Elemental Mastery as bonus ATK. When an Elemental Skill hits opponents, the Dream of the Scarlet Sands effect will be gained for 10s: The equipping character will gain 28~56% of their Elemental Mastery as bonus ATK. Max 3 stacks.
- Base Attack: 41 (454)
- Substat: EM48 (221)
- Passive: (Bane of Flame and Water) Increases DMG against opponents affected by Hydro or Pyro by 20~36%.
Materials required for the Ascension of Candace
In this guide, we will discuss the materials required for Candace for levelling and ascension all the way to max level 90 in Genshin Impact.
|Ascension Level||Ascension Materials|
|Level: 0-20||1x Varunada Lazurite Sliver, 3x Redcrest, 3x Faded Red Satin, 20k Mora|
|Level: 20-40||3x Varunada Lazurite Fragment, 10x Redcrest, 15x Faded Red Satin, 2x Light Guiding Tetrahedron, 40k Mora|
|Level: 40-50||6x Varunada Lazurite Fragment, 20x Redcrest, 12x Trimmed Red Silk, 4x Light Guiding Tetrahedron, 60k Mora|
|Level: 50-60||3x Varunada Lazurite Chunk, 30x Redcrest, 18x Trimmed Red Silk, 8x Light Guiding Tetrahedron, 80k Mora|
|Level: 60-70||6x Varunada Lazurite Chunk, 45x Redcrest, 12x Rich Red Brocade, 12x Light Guiding Tetrahedron, 100k Mora|
|Level: 70-80+||6x Varunada Lazurite Gemstone, 60x Redcrest, 24x Rich Red Brocade, 20x Light Guiding Tetrahedron, 120k Mora|
Talent Upgrade Materials
In this guide, we will discuss the materials required for levelling up the skill talents of Candance in Genshin Impact.
|Talent Level||Talent Materials|
|Level 2||3x Teachings of Admonition, 6x Faded Red Satin, x12500 Mora|
|Level 3||2x Guide to Admonition, 3x Trimmed Red Silk, x17500 Mora|
|Level 4||4x Guide to Admonition, 4x Trimmed Red Silk, x25000 Mora|
|Level 5||6x Guide to Admonition, 6x Trimmed Red Silk, x30000 Mora|
|Level 6||9x Guide to Admonition, 9x Trimmed Red Silk, x37500 Mora|
|Level 7||4x Philosophies of Admonition, 4x Rich Red Brocade, 1x Tears of the Calamitous God, x120000 Mora|
|Level 8||6x Philosophies of Admonition, 6x Rich Red Brocade, 1x Tears of the Calamitous God, x260000 Mora|
|Level 9||12x Philosophies of Admonition, 9x Rich Red Brocade, 2x Tears of the Calamitous God, x450000 Mora|
|Level 10||16x Philosophies of Admonition, 12x Rich Red Brocade, 2x Tears of the Calamitous God, 1x Crown of Insight, x700000 Mora|
In this section of the Genshin Impact Candace guide, we will let players know the special dish about the new character of Candace in Genshin Impact.
- Name: Utmost Care
- Effect: Restores 80 Stamina.
- In-game Description: Candace’s speciality. The aroma of this dish hits your nose long before it can be plated up. It would seem that Candace’s adept guardianship also extends to sustaining appetites… But, uh, this really is an extraordinary amount of Aaru Mixed Rice. How are you supposed to deal with this mountain of “overflowing consideration”?
What are your thoughts on our guide on Candace in Genshin Impact? Let us know in the comment section below!